[APAMI News] 答复: History of APAMI Member countries

杨智 zhiyang at ccmu.edu.cn
Mon Apr 24 12:28:52 AEST 2017

Dear Professors Gogia and Kulikowski,

Thank you for the work of making the IMIA history book. It will serve as an important promotion material in MedInfo2017 and as part of celebration for 50 years of IMIA.

An nomenclature nuance have to be noted in formal events like Medinfo2017 and IMIA documentations. Taiwan, Hong Kong, and  Macau are normally recognized as regions instead of countries. Putting them as countries can be a very sensitive issue in official occasions. CMIA believes we should use “countries and regions”, instead of “countries” in future official communications and documentations to avoid unnecessary issues.

Let’s work together for a successful MedInfo2017 and 50th anniversary of IMIA.

Best Regards,

Zhi Yang, Ph.D, Professor

Department of Biomedical Instrumentation

School of Biomedical Engineering

Capital Medical University

No. 10 Xitoutiao, You An Men Wai

Fengtai District, Beijing, China 100069